Dear Tremont High School Students and Families:
We hope that you’ve enjoyed your summer so far. The purpose of this letter is to outline some important information for the start of the upcoming school year.
Registration – Registration will be held at the school from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm on Tuesday August 7th if you have not already submitted registration materials.
Freshmen Orientation – We hope that freshman students can join us on Wednesday August 15th at 1:00 pm for an orientation meeting designed to help familiarize incoming freshmen with procedures and expectations of Tremont High School. Students are encouraged to attend and parents that are available are welcome as well, although certainly not required to attend.
Back to School Night – The high school Back to School Night will be on Thursday August 23rd from 6:30-8:00 pm. We will be changing the format this year. Instead of an informal meet-and-greet style, we will be having parents follow their child’s schedule and spend a few minutes with each teacher. The evening will begin with a brief introduction in the cafetorium at 6:30 pm. We have several new teachers this year, so we hope you can join us.
Upcoming Key Dates:
· Tues. 8/7 Registration 3:00-7:00 pm
· Wed. 8/15 Freshmen Orientation 1:00-2:00 pm
· Thurs. 8/16 1st Day of Attendance 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
· Fri. 8/17 Early Dismissal 2:00 pm
· Thurs. 8/23 Back to School Night 6:30-8:00 pm
A few things to keep in mind as the school year approaches:
· Study Hall -- Our study hall/homeroom period will continue to be 11:30-12:00 each day. This change was implemented last year (homeroom was previously at the end of the school day). This time allows for student homework completion and teacher collaboration. It also allows us to take care of various miscellaneous club meetings and tie up other loose ends throughout the day. We are planning to move it back to 2:30-3:00 in mid-March to help limit instructional time lost to the large number of early dismissals for spring activities. At that point, seniors will once again be able to leave school at 2:30, but until mid-March, they will be required to stay until 3:00.
· Student Laptops – We will be continuing our 1:1 laptop technology initiative. Each student will receive a laptop for use throughout the school year. Laptop distribution and collection of the $30 technology fee (if not paid with registration) will occur sometime during the first week of class. More information will be shared as it becomes available.
I hope you are having a great summer. Feel free to contact the high school office with any questions about any of this information.